- Nigeria’s wealthy individuals trade foreign securities. Low-income earners should too.
The directive of the Nigerian Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) issued on the 8th of April, 2021 has been met with consternation and a straightforward (but hopefully simplistic) interpretation that the government is out to stifle innovators – again. These perspectives aren’t unfounded, as innovators of all shades have taken a heavy beating lately due The post Nigeria’s wealthy individuals trade foreign securities. Low-income earners should too. appeared first on TechCabal.
- Rwandan startup Ampersand raises $3.5M, largest-ever e-mobility investment in sub-Saharan Africa
Last week, Ampersand, Africa’s first electric motorcycle company, secured a $3.5 million investment from the Ecosystem Integrity Fund (EIF). This is the largest ever e-mobility investment by a venture capital fund in Sub-Saharan Africa and could hint at a turning point in African electric transport. Based in Kigali, Rwanda, Ampersand assembles and finances electric motorcycles The post Rwandan startup Ampersand raises $3.5M, largest-ever e-mobility investment in sub-Saharan Africa appeared first on TechCabal.
- Electric mobility in Africa could be the next big thing for global investors
Africa is home to the fastest-growing population globally, with numbers expected to rise by nearly 50% over the next 14 years, growing from 1.2 billion people today to over 1.8 billion in 2035. As the population increase outpaces economic growth, much of Africa’s youth, who account for most of the population, are moving into urban The post Electric mobility in Africa could be the next big thing for global investors appeared first on TechCabal.
- IBM's Independent Managed Infrastructure Services Business to be Named Kyndryl
- Appzone raises $10m in Series A to extend its banking technology across Africa
Appzone, a Nigeria-based company that builds technology for banks, has raised $10m in a Series A round. The funding was led by CardinalStone, an investment banking firm in Nigeria. V8 Capital, Lateral Investment Partners, Constant Capital, and Itanna Capital Ventures also participated, the company said. Appzone was founded in 2008 by current CEO Obi Emetarom The post Appzone raises $10m in Series A to extend its banking technology across Africa appeared first on TechCabal.
- The Next Wave: Cairo’s calling
Next Wave: Cairo’s calling Nigeria’s SEC strikes APRIL 11, 2021 This newsletter is a weekly in-depth analysis of tech and innovation in Africa that will serve as a post-pandemic guide. Subscribe here to get it directly in your inbox every Sunday at 3 pm WAT Hello, The best African tech news from the past week The post The Next Wave: Cairo’s calling appeared first on TechCabal.
- HMD Global unveils new Nokia C, G, and X Series
HMD Global, makers of Nokia phones, have announced six new Nokia Android phones in a live stream. Florian Seiche, CEO of HMD Global, began the event by addressing the brand’s new identity. Why would you buy a Nokia phone? “Our fans are clearly telling us that there are three main reasons. They love it, trust The post HMD Global unveils new Nokia C, G, and X Series appeared first on TechCabal.
- SEC’s new rule for online investment and trading platforms brings back familiar regulatory scare
Section 67-70 of the same act and Rules 414 & 415 of the SEC Rules and Regulations say that only foreign securities listed on any exchange registered in Nigeria may be issued, sold or offered for sale or subscription to the Nigerian public. The post SEC’s new rule for online investment and trading platforms brings back familiar regulatory scare appeared first on TechCabal.
- The hidden costs of NCC’s suspension of SIM registration
On Wednesday evening, *Femi, the owner of a last-mile delivery service in Lagos sent me a text; “is there any way I can get a SIM card? I have been trying for weeks.” With no SIM cards, he cannot move forward with his plan to extend his company’s services to Abuja. The post The hidden costs of NCC’s suspension of SIM registration appeared first on TechCabal.
- Paymob raises $18.5m in largest Series A for an Egyptian fintech
In August 2020, Egyptian fintech Paymob announced that it raised $3.5 million to improve its capacity and acquire more merchants to use its payments services. That mission has now received additional funding, bringing the startup to a formal Series A close of $18.5 million. The round was led by Global Ventures, a venture capital firm The post Paymob raises $18.5m in largest Series A for an Egyptian fintech appeared first on TechCabal.
- 4/13/2021 : 2021 Annual Meeting of Stockholders
https://www.hpannualmeeting.com/ View the live Webcast
- IBM Consumer Study Points to Potential Recovery of Retail and Travel Industries, as Consumers Receive the COVID-19 Vaccine
- Facebook data breach: Over 533 million users affected, here’s what to do if you’re one
On Saturday, the personal data of over 533 million Facebook users were published in an online forum used by cybercriminals. “The exposed data includes personal information of over 533 million Facebook users from 106 countries. Including over 32 million records on users in the US, 11 million on users in the UK, and 6 million The post Facebook data breach: Over 533 million users affected, here’s what to do if you’re one appeared first on TechCabal.
- IBM Cloud for Financial Services Accelerates Innovation with Support for Red Hat OpenShift and Other Cloud-native Services
SAP joins ecosystem of more than 90 partners and FinTechs serving financial institutions worldwide
- Celonis, IBM and Red Hat Form Strategic Partnership to Help Transform Business Execution
Global strategic partnership joins execution management with an open, hybrid cloud approach to help drive flexibility and speed for enterprise digital transformation
- Cleveland Clinic and IBM Unveil Landmark 10-Year Partnership to Accelerate Discovery in Healthcare and Life Sciences
IBM Hybrid Cloud, High Performance Computing, Artificial Intelligence, and Quantum Computing technologies to serve as foundation for newly launched Cleveland Clinic Global Center for Pathogen Research & Human Health
- Athens Woods Fillies Shine for Eaton's McDonald
Maclean's Music filly sold for $280,000 during Oct. 28 sale session
- Eaton's McDonald Assesses Fasig-Tipton, Keeneland Sales
"I think they both did an incredible job," consignor said.
- Half Sister to No Parole Among Session 7 Offerings
Coteau Grove Farms bred the daughter of Connect in Louisiana
- Auction Update: Issue 5
We hope you and your family continue to be well and healthy. There are a few important updates to...