- Comcast Internet And TV Customers Brace For Ill-Timed Service Charge Hikes In 2021
In the new year, Comcast seems to be trying to milk their customers of every last penny when it comes to their internet and cable TV packages. Earlier this week, new data caps were sneakily added by Comcast for some customers. Now, Comcast will be increasing cable and internet fees and standard prices nationwide starting in January; the same
- Apple 16-Inch MacBook Pro With M1X Chip Rumored To Deliver 12-Core Performance Punch
Apple announced its first M1-equipped Macs earlier this month, and we must admit that we were quite skeptical of the company's frustratingly vague performance claims during the virtual keynote. However, with devices in hand, the early reviews proved that Apple has a winner on its hands with the 8-core M1 (4 efficiency cores, 4 performance
- Steam Autumn Sale Kicks Off With PC Game Discounts Of Up To 88 Percent Off
As another season rolls around, so too does another Steam sale with deep discounts on games. If you do pick up some games, you can stock up on Steam points to decorate your profile for the season. However, let’s look at what Steam has to offer first, as there should be plenty of games for everyone. Shooters If you are looking to blast
- Black Friday 2020 Brings Up To $250 Off Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, S20 Ultra, And S20 FE
Here is a motto you might consider adopting—never buy a smartphone at full price. That is sometimes easier said than done when you are after the latest and greatest, but most models go on sale or are attached to pricing promotions fairly close to launch. Samsung has historically been pretty good about this, and as the Black Friday sales start
- The BackEnd: Direct debits that “bounce” are a problem, but what’s a fair penalty?
The BackEnd explores the product development process in African tech. We take you into the minds of those who conceived, designed and built the product; highlighting product uniqueness, user behaviour assumptions and challenges during the product cycle. — Yewande issues a standing order for her bank to transfer ₦26,000 (it can vary) to a third The post The BackEnd: Direct debits that “bounce” are a problem, but what’s a fair penalty? appeared first on TechCabal.
- #EndSARS: What has gone on since 20.10.20?
In a video that surfaces after the incident, military officers arrive at the Lekki Toll Gate on the Lagos island, stand for a moment in front of a group of protesters separated by a line of road barricades sitting and singing the national anthem in the darkness that envelopes an ordinarily lit location, and begin The post #EndSARS: What has gone on since 20.10.20? appeared first on TechCabal.
- Hisense 65-Inch 4K TV At $250 Headlines Budget Smart TV Deals For Black Friday
Smart TVs are hot ticket items this year for Black Friday, and it’s easy to see why. Prices have dropped dramatically on large screen panels, with 4K TVs measuring as big as 65 inches falling well below the $300 mark. This is good news for folks out there that don’t have a lot of money to burn, and just want the most bang for the buck when
- Baltimore County Public Schools Forced To Cancel Classes After Crippling Ransomware Attack
We’ve seen ransomware in hospitals and schools, and it wreaks havoc no matter the case. This is especially true when people are relying on technology now more than ever due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Baltimore County Public School district encountered this firsthand when malicious attackers installed ransomware that crippled the network
- AMD Radeon RX 6800 Series Custom Card Roundup: ASRock, Gigabyte, Sapphire, And PowerColor
AMD launched its Radeon RX 6800 and Radeon RX 6800 XT to the public last week, and as expected, they represented quite the performance leap over their Radeon RX 5700 and Radeon RX 5700 XT predecessors. More importantly, the cards traded blows with NVIDIA new GeForce RTX 30 Series. While neither company's cards offer an absolute knockout performance
- Pre-Ordering Microsoft's Xbox Series X Is An Exercise In Frustration And Phil Spencer Wants To Fix It
Have you tried buying a next-generation game console? If so, you might have a hole in your wall, from where you punched it out of frustration. The Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and both PlayStation 5 consoles have been almost impossible to buy, thanks to a combination of factors—high demand, not enough supply, bots, etc. If it comes as any
- How To Unlock Destiny 2: Beyond Light's Exotic Cloudstrike Sniper Rifle
The first completion of the Destiny 2: Beyond Light new Deep Stone Crypt raid has unlocked a bevy of new weapons, and you are in luck if you are a big fan of sniper rifles. Here is how to acquire the new exotic sniper rifle Cloudstrike. What is Cloudstrike? Cloudstrike is an arc exotic sniper rifle. It features the following perks: Fluted
- Autostrade Tech, IBM and Fincantieri NexTech Deploy a New Artificial Intelligence and IoT-based System for Monitoring Autostrade per l'Italia Civil Infrastructure
- Autostrade per l'Italia has invested 60 million euros into improving its systems for monitoring and securing its civil infrastructure. IBM will provide advanced AI for data processing and Fincantieri NexTech supplies technologies and solutions for high-availability monitoring.
- SpaceX Engineers Answer Your Burning Starlink Satellite Internet Questions In Reddit AMA
High-speed internet connectivity is not quite as ubiquitous as it should be, particularly in rural areas where there just are not any options (or not any good options, anyway). Elon Musk and his merry band of SpaceX engineers are hoping to change that with Starlink, a promising satellite internet service. Wondering how things are going? SpaceX's
- AMD Ryzen 7 5800U Zen 3 Mobile Cezanne CPU Benchmark Leak Confirms Big IPC Gains
Eventually AMD will get around to porting its Zen 3 architecture over to its mobile CPUs. Exactly when remains to be seen, but perhaps sooner than later, if the handful of leaks we have covered are any indication. Zen 3 is still brand new, but what are purported to be AMD's unannounced Ryzen 5000 series of mobile CPUs have shown up in different
- Jabra Elite Wireless Headphones And Earbuds With ANC Discounted Up To $100 For Black Friday
For those out there looking for solid wireless earbuds with great features that won't bleed your wallet dry, Amazon has some great Black Friday deals on Jabra wireless headphones and buds that you'll want to check out. Jabra's full range of wireless audio products are discounted, with the biggest price break being reserved for the Elite
- Hannah Subayi on angel investing and bridging the Anglophone-Francophone startup gap
My Life In Tech is putting human faces to some of the innovative startups, investments, and policy formations driving the technology sector across Africa. This week, Hannah Subayi, private equity, and angel investor shares her experiences with angel investing across Francophone and Anglophone Africa. This edition has nuggets for new entrepreneurs as well as investors The post Hannah Subayi on angel investing and bridging the Anglophone-Francophone startup gap appeared first on TechCabal.
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Design Seemingly Confirmed By Leaked Case Renders
In October, we got to see what appeared to be renders of Samsung's upcoming Galaxy S21. The renders showed off a design that represented an evolution of Samsung devices that came before it, so we were not entirely sure if they were real or not. Prominent leaker IceUniverse on Twitter found some evidence that leads us to believe that the Galaxy
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX, SHIELD Android TV, And G-SYNC Hardware Deeply Discounted For Black Friday
'Tis the season to be jolly, and to help get you in a happy state of mind, NVIDIA and its retailer partners are serving up some jolly good discounts on a range of gaming hardware. You can save several hundred dollars on a gaming desktop, and there are some deep price cuts coming to gaming laptops, G-SYNC monitors, and more. Some of the
- Sony Affirms PS5 Is Its Biggest Console Launch Ever, Fresh Inventory Arriving Soon
Sony's PlayStation 5 has been a smash hit with gamers, and has been incredibly hard to come across since it launched on November 12th. Even before its official launch, preorders sold out quickly and major retailers like Amazon even sent out emails to reservation holders telling them that they might not see their consoles arrive until late
- What’s Bolt doing about the increasing harassment complaints?
He had picked her up from the motor park, she was coming in from another state. On getting to her destination her potential host who was supposed to pay the fare was not available. She offered to take him to a hotel and pay in kind. The Lagos-based Bolt driver narrating this experience told me The post What’s Bolt doing about the increasing harassment complaints? appeared first on TechCabal.